Maciej „Sms” Kozak
Sms prowadzi w Fenixie treningi grupy Junor BJJ, początkujacej i zaawansowanej w gi.
Jest posiadaczem czarnego pasa pierwszego stopnia w bjj.
You have been training BJJ since …
– October 2004.
Why did you start learning brazilian jiu-jitsu?
– I like the idea of winning without aggression, punches and looking like a meathead.
What do you pay special attention to as a coach?
– Safety above all else. Besides that technique, drilling and sparring with 100% energy.
What gives you the most satisfaction as an instructor?
– The fact that training BJJ gives people happiness and builds character. Medals won by my students show me that everything is going in the right direction.
If you could mention 3 people that influenced you way of fighting the most, who would it be?
– Maciej Szczudrawa, Vagner Guimaraes i Mieszko Maciejewski.
What’s your approach to fighting in BJJ?
– Seize the initiative and force your ‚game’ on the opponent.
What do you think about competing in BJJ (sports BJJ)?
– Not everyone has to do it, because not everyone enjoys it, but I cannot imagine traning without it.
If you could give one tip to a beginner, it would be…
– Train, train, train…
– IJJF World Championship in 2016 and bronze medal in 2013 in Abu Dhabi.
Favourite position: Back mount.
Favourite choke: Cross choke (the classics).
Favourite submission: Kimura.
Favourite quote: : „Everyone is the architect of their own fall.”
Favourite movie: Too many to mention, but If I had to choose one it would be „Pociąg” by Kawalerowicz.
Favourite book: „Blood Meridian” by Cormac McCarthy, but there is a lot.
Favourite game: Half Life and the GTA series.
Favourite food: Pastry sandwich.
Favourite drink: Coca Cola, but I drink it very rarely.
Hobby (besides bjj):
– I’m interested in a lot of things, from music and cinematography to politics, history, social changes and fashion. It’s hard to choose just one thing, but probably music.